Saturday, July 6, 2024

Things to do When You are Bored and Have a Lot of Time on Your Hands

 



We all get bored. And, at least for me, being bored is not fun. But there are ways to end boredom! And I am going to list a few of them to keep you away from the terrible thing that is boredom. So join me today as I list things to do when you are bored!


Learn an instrument:

Not a lot of things make me happier than when I am working on my guitar. When I first started working on learning a song on guitar, it was difficult. But when I got the right sound, I literally kicked my legs in the air since I was so happy. I also hugged my guitar, I may be weird to you, but it did feel nice to hug it. Luckily for me, I have a great guitar teacher that is helping me learn guitar. But you can also watch videos on how to play your instrument, or perhaps you know someone who can teach you. Learning an instrument is hard, but it is so worth it! And it is fun as well!

Make a map:

There are a lot of maps you could make. You could make a fantasy map, where you create your own world and the places in it! Or you could create a map that shows where you live, and places around you! All you need is a pen or pencil, paper, and that’s it! Making a map is fun, and you can even invent new names for places that surround you! For example, plain old ‘Smith Road’ can be changed to something much more excited! If it has a lot of trees, you could call it ‘The Branch Pathway’. Or if you do your best thinking there, it could be ‘Imagination Way’. The possibilities are endless!

Craft:

Crafting is very fun! You can invent your own craft or do one you have seen. Crafting is a great way to pass the time, especially if you are doing a big craft. You can craft decor for your room, craft things you can use, create things with nature, or whatever! The choice is yours!

Write a Song:

The possibilities are endless when it comes to writing a song. It can be about you, family members, your life, something silly, nature, anything! Writing a song can be very enjoyable, and it does take time. I love writing songs, all of them are roughly under a minute ;), but it was still fun to write. And I like to sing the songs in front of my sisters, some of them are total hits! It is fun to perform, and to write the songs. 

Plan an Imaginary Vacation:

This can be very enjoyable, and who knows! Maybe you will actually go on the vacation someday! All you have to do in order to plan a vacation (imaginary or real) is: pick a place, pick things to do, figure out who you’ll go with or if you will go alone, figure out how you will get there, places to stay, and much more! You can write all of your plans on a piece of paper, or you can just do it in your head. This is extra fun if you are planning an imaginary vacation with your friends!

Read a Book:

So. Many. Choices! Fantasy, romance, adventure, classic, fairy-tale, historical, and so much more! When it comes to books, there are so many options. So find one, open it, and see what it holds!

Cook:

Enjoyable and delicious! There are so many things out there that you could make. You could make a meal, or a dessert! The choice is yours. This activity takes time, and can teach you things in the process!


I hope this helped you. And I hope that now you have a fighting chance against boredom! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment